Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Lord Works Mighty Miracles

So we have the ABF Moving Truck coming to deliver our things today. We live on a very busy street that is usually lined with cars on our side of the street (its a one-way street) and the only place the Moving Truck could possibly park is right outside our door on this street. We called Dallas City to see if they could let us cone off the area to reserve it for our truck and they denied our request, so it was up to us and the Lord to leave four cars worth of space on this busy street open for our truck to come this morning at 8:00 AM. We worried about it quite a bit yesterday, and I decided to leave it up to the Lord to take care of, so I prayed really hard and had faith. Last night I woke up at least three times to check outside to see if cars have moved or not and they were still there. I didn't give up hope. So this morning we went out there, AND?... the cars were still there, HOWEVER, those cars were on the left side of our house, and there were no cars on the right side of our house where I couldn't see out my window. Four cars length. Just amazing. So we hurried this morning at 6:00 AM to go park our cars inconsiderate enough to take 4 parking spaces :) And Brad is standing out there looking official in his khakis and khaki contractor jacket and don't forget the flashlight he's holding :) He's so cute. He likes to feel official :) Anyway, so the space is ours, we've got 65 feet of room, the truck is about 40 feet, so I think we'll make it. If it makes the story any better, I woke up at 4:00 AM Washington time! :)

2 comments:

Libby said...

Wow, that was fast! I didn't realize you'd be moving so soon. Where in Dallas are you guys? I lived in Plano during high school and loved it. Hope you're adjusting and getting settled. By the way, I love that David Archuletta song you have on your blog. :)

Angel Brockbank said...

Were are in UPTOWN! :) :) I'm an uptown girl