Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our Moment of Fame...




Saturday Morning we decided to head to the Dallas Farmer's Market to see if we could find some yummy produce and get the scoop on the Farmer's Market. It wasn't as great as I had imagined it at all, it was smaller than I had imagined, and much more crowded, and not nearly the amount of free samples that I had expected. Darn. However, we bought a cup o' corn for $3.50 (What a RIP!) and headed our way through the next Produce area where we were stopped by a lovely reporter who wanted to interview our family. She said, "Do you mind if we ask you a few questions about the rising corn costs?" I said sheepeshly, "I don't know much about corn prices." She said, "Its okay, I won't ask you any numbers." So... she started the interview asking us what in the world we were going to feed our children if we couldn't feed them corn because its too expensive? I was all confused. All the sudden this horrible situation was being thrown at me, "No Corn?" And it just didn't make sense as she had all this worry and urgency about not having corn, so I snapped out of it and responded by saying, "Really, its not that big of a deal, rising food costs are costing us what, $20 extra a month? So What? So don't go out to eat one day or buy one less video game. Its not the end of the world. Its the media's way of blowing things way out of proportion." So she thanked us and told us to watch the news at 6:00 that night... so we went home, and waited all day for our moment of fame. I was all worried cause Brad said I was batting my eyes and doing some weird thing when I blinked, and so I was all paranoid. Well, no worries cause THEY CUT ME OUT! They didn't show me AT ALL! They did show Brad saying one thing in response to the question, "What are you going to do about no corn..." Brad's response: "Eat something else... like Broccoli, or Potatoes?" Isn't that awesome! I was just glad I didn't look stupid on TV :) And it goes to show how one-sided the media truly is, huh :)

7 comments:

Andi Sherwood said...

I'm sorry you got cut, but it was probably because you were railing on the media! hehehe :)

I wish they would stop making such a huge deal out of it... I think they create more panic by doing what they are doing.

I love you!

:)

Morgan Family said...

Yeah it is all about what they want to hear. That is fun that you were interviewed though. :)

Jeni said...

THAT'S AWESOME! Too bad you were cut because your answer was great! No shock, though, huh?

BTW, we were talking to dad and are thinking about coming out for thanksgiving or sometime around then. We thought it would be fun to have our baby blessed in Texas with everyone there. Let us know your plans and what is convenient for you!

Love,
Jeni

Esther Ogden said...

How fun! At least you and your family looked cute-I am sure that is why they chose you in the first place! =)

The Original TomKat said...

Even if you they hadn't cut you out, what you said is true- not stupid! If people would cut out their daily lattes and other non-essentials, they'd be fine!

Olivia Heilmann said...

That is so fun! You look great. I agree with Andy...how funny the media can be...sheesh!

Hammy said...

I'm impressed your gorceries are only up $20 a month. Mine have been ridiculous, and we rarely eat corn! I need you to take me shopping sometime.

Sorry you got cut. Obviously the compltely biased media only wanted people who backed their claims.