Thursday, June 19, 2008

Joys of Motherhood

Two blogworthy moments... I was working at my computer yesterday when I overheard the girls in the living room having a discussion. Here's how it went:

(Abbie laying on the couch watching tv): "Tori, get me my blanket with the flowers and hearts."

Tori: "Why? I don't have to get your blanket."

Abbie: "Please, go get my blanket right now."

Tori: "Get it yourself! I don't always have to do everything for you."

Abbie: *fuss/soft cry*

Tori: "NO."

So here's about the time that Abbie realizes its not going to work, she gets more upset and goes and gets the blanket herself, then comes in my room fussing. I thought it was great!


Blogworthy Moment 2: (Save the best for last)
Tori got a new book not too long ago called "Me and My Dad". Its a cute book that is fairly hard to read, but she's doing great. So she's reading outloud to me and gets to this one sentence:

My Daddy doesn't like it when I'm a menace.

She reads: My daddy doesn't like it when I'm a mean-a**.

I quickly corrected her and moved on the next sentence :)

I obviously couldn't help but laugh and thought to myself, "That's blogworthy!"

6 comments:

Jeni said...

Eheheh! That's great!

Love ya lots!
-Jeni

Andi Sherwood said...

Those are funny. :)

:)

Beverly Jensen said...

We showed "Dennis the Menace" to Nia and Justis. They loved it. I'll bring it with me and then the girls will understand what menace means...although you have to admit Tori's understanding is accurate to a large degree. -mom

Libby said...

Ok, Brandon and I have been laughing about your "menace" story. Soooo funny!

Mel said...

Hey Angel. I love the blogworthy moments as a mom. Do you ever find yourself in a situation and think of exactly how you will blog it???

Mel said...

Hey Angel. I love the Blog Worthy moments. Do you ever find yourself in a situation and just think, "how am I going to blog this?" I do. I love it.