Tuesday, June 17, 2008

HOUSTON... WE HAVE A PROBLEM!


I thought that headline would have been perfect if I lived in Houston... Dallas is close enough though, right? Well, its day 11 of kitty training and we had our first "accident" today. It wasn't bad at all though. Here's what happened. When I first decided to try this, I put Tigger's original kitty litter box in a garbage bag, sealed it, and put it on the floor of the girls' closet, which is in the bathroom. Brad said that was my stupid move, and I agree it was dumb, but my reasoning was that I could easily get it if I aborted my experiment/adventure without any problem... so I had it handy. I told the girls to always keep their closet door closed. Obviously a three year old is not as dedicated to potty training a cat as an adult, so there in lied my problem. So, after "holding it" for ohh... about 20 hours, Tigger finally went on top of the garbage bag on top of her old kitty litter in the closet that Abbie left open. SO... I cleaned that up easily, and got rid of the old kitty litter box so that wouldn't happen again. I just have to say Thank You to Tigger for going on a plastic bag and NOT on carpet or on clothes. What a Relief! So she's spending the night in the bathroom tonight with the fan on to see if she can get it right again. She has been going number 1 in the toilet with water and a tiny bit of kitty litter at the bottom just so she can see the kitty litter, but no luck with #2 yet. Once she gets used to this we'll add more water for a day and then take away the bowl. I'm hoping this accident will be a one time thing, lets cross our fingers!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

No worries! I bet she'll have it down in no time! Keep up the great work!

Love,
Jeni

Bradley Dean said...

In my own personal defense... I try to keep the word "Stupid" completely out of my vocabulary when speaking with Angel, and I never said that her move was a "Stupid" one. I informed her that that was probably where things went wrong.

Just wanted to set the record straight on that...Is that wrong of me?