Sunday, April 13, 2008

I guess I'll stay active...

Funny subject line, huh? I thought so, its my tag line for the day. So I was having a pretty down day yesterday, I would probably say partly hormones, partly being overwhelmed by the last year all coming together to now and just ready to have consistency, but not sure I'm in love with this consistency, etc. As I'm writing this I'm listening to myself ramble on and I realize, yeah, its probably hormones, but anyway... that's besides the point.

So we went to our ward today, I was a little nervous but prayed a lot before we went that I would like the ward and find some people that I could relate with and feel like I could become friends with. Brad and I woke up right before church started because he fell asleep without setting the alarm, and we went to bed at 2:00 AM, so we got there late, but we walked in after Sacrament right at the back of the chapel by the door that every walks out and somehow got stuck there greeting everyone as they walked out. It was kinda like my wedding reception all over again, except I didn't know anyone and I met like 20 people, and can only remember about 3 names... hmm, make that 2. Anyway, so we went to Sunday School and Relief Society and I met some really fun people that I think I can relate to and become friends with and I was really relieved cause I've been hopping wards for about 9 months, almost avoiding making friends cause we weren't going to stay long, and i was just worried that I wouldn't find any friends, but I think I'll be okay. So as we went home from church, I told Brad that I met some really nice girls and I said, "So I guess I'll stay active now." ehehe, just as a joke of course, but I thought it was pretty funny.

3 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

Change is so hard.

I am starting to get nervous myself. We had Stake Conference today and I just knew it was where I was supposed to be. It was home. But, I know that in a year we will be moving and making a new 'home' for ourselves. It made me a little anxious. So, I am glad to hear that things went well for you today. It gives me hope.

Jeni said...

Texans are very friendly by nature. They will welcome you with open arms! Best of luck, Angel! I sure miss and love!
Jeni

Andi Sherwood said...

I am so glad today turned out well. Set the alarm clock next time, though! :)

:)