Thursday, May 8, 2008

Three funnies for the day

So the first two are from Abbie... Ah, the joys of motherhood right here. First, I'm cleaning up and she says really quietly and reserved, "Mom, there's pee in the garbage can." I knew she was serious because I had a previous conversation with my mom that there was pee in two of her garbage cans while the kids were visiting, and later Abbie admitted to it. So I knew that she had peed in the garbage can and her conscience was finally getting to her so she told me first that there was, and said she didn't do it, so I had to coax it out of her, and she admitted to it. There was enough pee in there for at least 2, maybe 3 times! I was so annoyed because there was other garbage in there like suckers, wrappers, etc, it wasn't all that easy to clean, however, I was grateful it wasn't on the carpet or something. Holy Cow, What was she thinking????

Later on in the day I'm working on my computer and look over, she is on my counter doing her hair, I thought, "Ah, that's harmless." So no biggy right? A few minutes later, I told her she's done, she stopped in a few seconds when she realized from my tone I was serious. So later, she came over and hugged me and as she walked away I noticed a familiar scent. It took me about 10 seconds to figure out why it was familiar and I remembered, Sunless Tanning Lotion! She had put it all over her hair and head and hands! So she's going to be looking great for Sunday undoubtedly. If its noticeable enough, I'll post pictures :)


So the last one, We had the missionaries over tonight and after Brad left to take them home, I said all excited to the girls, "Guess what girls?!" And Tori paused looking at me, I could tell she was thinking. I said, "You have to guess!" (I was going to tell them we got to go to the hot tub tonight... So Tori gets this excited look in her eye and she says with extreme enthusiasm... "BABY!!!!" My mouth dropped. Not her too! Everyone I talk to if I have a "surprise" or something exciting, they think I'm pregnant. Oh Please, You'd think after three years I have to have something else exciting to talk about :) She was quite disappointed when I told her no babies yet. She still prays every day, its been 3 years, that's one persistent girl, I guess she's like her mama, huh.

5 comments:

Jeni said...

I don't know how funny the "Pee" story is. It hits a little too close to home for mothers with toddlers. ;)

I am very impressed with Tori's faith regarding the baby thing. She was faithful at praying for the baby when she stayed here too. Very sweet!

Olivia Heilmann said...

Too funny. Sorry about the pee. Yuck... I can't WAIT to see what becomes of the self tanner lady. How funny!

Morgan Family said...

Those were so funny. I am sorry you had to clean up the pee. Hopefully Abbie will grow out of that one quickly. Abbie doesn't need selfless tanner..she already has such beautiful olive skin..so if it does take..oh boy. That is so cute that Tori is excited for a brother or sister. Hang in there. It will come. Love ya! Thanks for sharing.

Esther Ogden said...

That is so funny! I was just thinking that I once had pee in my garbage can and then I remembered it was actually after Tori and Abbey were here. Got ya-it was Owen! =)

Angel Brockbank said...

Oh good! I felt bad there for a second!