Monday, April 21, 2008

More Uptown News


Well, I thought this song was perfect for my evening. So we ventured to our new grocery store today. We'd been previously going to Albertsons where everything is "on sale" after being marked up 300%, so we tried Kroger. What's funny is our friends from our ward recommended it to us last night but told us not to go to the "gay Kroger's". Well, I had forgotten that part :) So we went to the closest Kroger to our house and low and behold, it's the gay one. LOL. So I was wondering where all the gay people were in our "gay part of town" that we supposedly live, and apparently they are all shopping at Kroger! Holy cow! I saw this guy, no joke, that had on the almost the same flag pants (stars and stripes) that the guy has on Napoleon Dynamite (picture included). This guy's pants were a little more stars and stripes combined, but almost the same, I'm sure they bought them off the same rack. So I saw Rex Kwan Do at Kroger today, I had to keep a straight face, and it was really hard, but I'm pleased to say I think I did well. I'd say there were at least 10 gay couples, maybe more, I left early with the girls. Anyway, we went away with about 8 bags and only paying $40.00... much better than Albertsons where we had like 3 bags and spent $90.00. Not sure how that happened. Anyway, good times.

6 comments:

Bradley Dean said...

You really have to be careful keeping a "Straight" face around all those guys... You might offend one of them.

I guess on the other hand if I did anything else someone might start hitting on me... Hmmm

I guess I'll stick with the straight face
=]

Esther Ogden said...

That is so funny, Ang! Brad's comment was hilarious too! I think I would opt to just not ever go back. =)

Jeni said...

That's funny. Bart keeps wanting to call Brad and make jokes about the whole thing, but I keep telling him he's gonna freak Brad out. :)

Angel Brockbank said...

Nah, we're cool. I'm not too worried about Brad going over to the "other side". He's pretty happy being Straight :) And he's not scared.

Morgan Family said...

That is awesome. The pants are great. Who knew there was a gay store? So you are saying that you stood out and not them? wow! bty our blog is mmadhouse.blogspot.com if you would like it. :)

Andi Sherwood said...

Way funny. :) At least you will be relatively safe there. Always take the girls though. :)

:)