Friday, February 29, 2008

What a Joke...

Okay, so I'm selling my couch on KSL.com, its kind of like a craigslist, but its our local news station's website where they allow free advertising/classifieds. So I have gotten three emails on the website email. I laughed with each of these so I thought I'd share them and hopefully make a fool out of these scammers:


1. BILL4LIFE00@GMAIL.COM BILL Feb 28, 2008 @ 7:53am


-- Goodday seller, this is Mr Bill,i saw your item on craigslist, and i will like to have it cos i need it urgently, and i saw the price which you want to sell it,i will pay the sum of($1990) us dollars and i will be paying you with a cashier or certified check,also i will be sending ($4000) cos i have other items i will be paying for in your location.kindly get back to me with the following details below. 1....your full name to be on the check 2..your full contact address to send the payment to 3..your zip code 4.your mobile and land nunmber. Hope to hear from you soon. NOTE i will have love to come but due to my work i not be able to come. Mr Bill.


2. jose.robin86@yahoo.com jose Feb 27, 2008 @ 8:32pm


Hello, I Surfed through your Advert of your RC Willey Microfiber Combo Sectional w/ Recliner and Cupholder and i'll like to make enquiry about it.What is your exact selling price for this item without shipping?Can i make arrangements myself by sending my private shippers to have the item picked up at your residence after when payment is confirmed?Let me know your selling price only because since my private shippers exist,there's no need for me to add shipping fees to your selling price.Secondly i will making payment by sending you a Money Order,so the item will be picked up after which payment has been comfirmed...........So if you are ok with this all i want you to do for me is just to email me back with the following request....... NAME: ADDRESS: STATE: ZIP CODE: FINAL ASKING PRICE: Looking farward to hear from you. Jose.


3. t.brian65@yahoo.com thomas brian Feb 27, 2008 @ 5:20pm


Hello seller Goodday ma/sir I did got your AD on the site and i want to know if this item is still avialable for sell and also the bid price. Kindly tell me if you are still interested in selling it and i will get back at you immediately Thanks Thomas

6 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olivia Heilmann said...

Wow, how gullible do they think you are? Good grief.

Andi Sherwood said...

Hmmm... Maybe we need a lesson on grammar.

:)

ajensen said...

that is pretty funny. absolutely ridiculous!!

Emily Marie said...

Ah, Yeah, it's too bad so many people actually fall for that kind of thing. Silly!

Jeni said...

Pretty bad! Atleast you are savvy, eh? :)
Jeni