Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day Brad!!!






What do you get for a guy that has more clothes than his wife for Father's Day? Well, I did get him an awesome blue t-shirt that said, "I'm pretty much the best Dad in the World." That was good. I also bought him a new sweater that J Hilburn is coming out with in September. But we recently (this last week) bought a Wii ($100 off on Amazon for an open box unit, what a deal!) so I told him that was his Father's Day Gift this year. I think its a pretty good one we can all enjoy. I did want to just brag a little about how amazing Brad is as a Dad though. We were driving a lot today running errands and such, and he had a great talk with Victoria about her personal testimony of Christ and the church and how she needs to find out for herself, and we shared some personal experiences with her, and just had a great talk with her, and I just sat back in my chair and just kinda took a deep breath and a sigh of relief that I ended up with such an amazing man as my husband and Father of my children. I got a priesthood blessing when I was 17 that spoke about a lot of things in my life to come, including my future husband (patriarchal blessing). It said, "You will marry a man who has a strong testimony of the gospel." I was hoping for an exact description of him, maybe a name, hair/eye color, or something to tip me off, so that I'd know him when I found him... little did I know I already knew him, I just didn't realize it yet. But as I struggled with the little amount of information that I was given, I realized that that was all that mattered. If I could find a man who had a testimony of the gospel, everything else would come in that package as well. And its true. He has such a high patience level, and knows how to really help the girls when I can't. I hope his Father's Day is a memorable one. Happy Father's Day Brad!!!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Wow! Love those pics! & Happy Father's Day Brad!

Esther Ogden said...

What gorgeous little nieces I have! Happy Father's Day to Brad! =)