Sunday, July 6, 2008

Todo, We're Not in Utah Anymore

Sorry its been so long. I've had stuff to blog, just been so busy and haven't had a chance to write it down. So the first thing I wanted to blog about was about three weeks ago, I went to my very first party with alcohol present. I didn't really think much about going to a company party until I got there and I smelled something rancid and fermented when I walked in. Then I realized, "OH, that's alcohol, Gross!" So as the night went on it was interesting to see the effect that free wine has on each individual there, some were REALLY nice, some couldn't stop talking, some confessed their affection to Brad (holy cow was that awkward!), and I can definitely say it was the loudest party I've ever been to, and the most awkward. It was just so different to see so many people interacting that are altered by alcohol. Brad said he went to one or two parties like that in highschool, but he said they were much worse because he reminded me, "What you saw in there are business professionals drunk, now change that to a teenager, its MUCH worse!" I gained a huge gratefulness that I was taught to never drink, I never have, and I can promise you, I never will! As we drove home from the party, I debated on how to tactfully blog this experience, and the phrase came to me, "Todo, we're not in Utah Anymore!" I thought that was a good subject title.

5 comments:

Jeni said...

Welcome to Texas. You will probably have more shocks like that. Good title; way different from what you would expect in Utah, huh?

Love ya!
Jeni

Sally Barrington said...

That's What I think every time I go to a family party in Ohio. Thanks for putting it into words. "Toto...."! You will learn how to be around others who are drinking and still be true to yourself in time. Good Luck and Lots of LOVE!!!

Morgan Family said...

Yeah it is a little different than UT. I am glad that you were able to make the best of it and have fun. We miss you and can't wait until you come home for a visit.

Olivia Heilmann said...

Wow! That same thing happened to us at a 4th of July party a few days ago. But this was strange because my brother was one of the hosts. I almost gave Tristan a margarita!!! Thank goodness I whiffed it. Then my sister in law put a sign on it...thank you. But my boys kept wanting drinks from the 'big barrel and pump' ...um....NO

Esther Ogden said...

That would be awkward! We sure are blessed knowing the truth! =)