Saturday, May 17, 2008

Texas Brain-washing

So, we've been here for a little over a month. Not that long, right? My opinion might be altered because our life circumstances have changed substantially, however, today as I was driving, I did come to the conclusion that rather surprised me so much I laughed out loud. I and my children agree (and I can't say it for Brad, but I do think he probably does agree) on this huge thing. In fact, its so huge, it truly only belongs in Texas. And that huge thing is the fact that Texas is Awesome, and We Love it, and I think now... that I have Texas Pride.

So here's my thinking, I know you're thinking, "What is she thinking..." So here's the answer: Because there are no mountains here, and no "natural" beauty... (now let me explain this second piece... When I say Natural, I mean that it didn't just automatically grow by itself...) So as I was saying, because there are no mountains here and no "natural" beauty, the Texas People (whomever they are, still not sure) have decided to make Dallas beautiful by planting trees and flowers in every single spot they possibly can, and use all the water from the US (we are the reason there is a drought everywhere I'm thinkin) to water these trees and bushes and flowers and grass, and Dallas is GREEN and BEAUTIFUL! AND... its interesting, and there is LOTS to do here! I know, I sound brainwashed, huh. But its really really true! There are so many places to go and visit and things to do and everywhere you look it is green, and I just have to admit it, I have Texas Pride. Its true, I admit it. And it only took me approximately 5 weeks to come to grips, but I figure since we'll be here for a long time, I might as well just admit it and enjoy it :)

8 comments:

Andi Sherwood said...

Good for you! Please just don't come back with a Texan flag hanging in your back window. :) JK. :)

:)

Jeni said...

Yeah. Texas pride is contagiuos. You will probably carry it with you the rest of your life. It is not something you can fully put in to words either. Welcome to the club!

Love,
Jeni

Libby said...

Texas pride IS contagious!! I miss it. And it really isn't anything you can understand until you live there. Here's another Texas thing--Blue Bell ice cream. If you haven't tried it, DO! You'll never be able to go back.

Jeni said...

Yeah. Blue Bell is a must have! I heard of a lady who moved to Colorado and would fly it in on a helicopter.

Esther Ogden said...

Way to come to grips, Ang. I'm quite proud of you...but seriously, no flags or bumper stickers, Babe! =)

Bradley Dean said...

I HAVE tried the Blue Bell Ice Cream, and it IS really really good! Definitely a fav!

Morgan Family said...

I am so happy that you like it there. We will have to come visit so I can come see what this Texas pride is all about. :)

The Morgans said...

Wow You make me want to move to texas!