Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Medieval Times


We went to Medieval Times last Saturday to celebrate our Anniversary (Yeah for us, 7 years!) And take the girls to a great show. We had a GREAT Time! For those of you who have read "New Moon" in the Twilight Series, you can only imagine my anxiety as we were all crowded in a Medieval Style Room, lots of us, and went in a single file line into the auditorium. I thought it a little too familiar :) It was quite spooky and I had to keep telling myself, "Its not real, only a book."

We decided to save as much money and not buy any extras when we went, but as we went in they asked us if we had any upgrades. We said, "What kind of upgrades?" The guy moved us up to VIP Front Row Seats for free! We were stoked!

Abbie was a little bit nervous in the beginning, the sound was pretty loud, but she got used to it quickly and really enjoyed the horses and the knights and such. It was pretty fun. The food was EXCELLENT! Tori was almost immediately in love with the Red Knight that represented us in the Red Section of the room. After winning a Jousting competition, the Knight received a Red Carnation to which he threw to Tori who was Screaming and waving her arms like her life depended on it. I looked over and saw her bright red face, needing air from screaming so loud and long. It was adorable. She was instantly in love as he kissed the flower and threw it to her. She caught it and gave it a hug (as much as you can hug a flower) and kept it by her face the rest of the night. Everytime he rode by her on the horse she waved and blew him kisses. It was truly great. At one point one of the other knights came up behind the red knight and knocked him down to the ground without any warning and Tori was DEVASTATED! She about started crying and was so worried about her knight in shining armor. It was a great event, we all had a great time!



7 comments:

Andi Sherwood said...

So fun. :)

:)

Jeni said...

Happy Anniversary! I wish I could have seen Tori. Sounds adorable!

Love,
Jeni

Olivia Heilmann said...

What a fun family activity. You all look wonderful.

I am so glad that you found a great job and a new home.

Having girls must be such a trip!! What a fun night!

The Jensen Fam said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Happy anniversary! Steen and I are only a month behind you. I can't believe it's been 7 years already!!

Morgan Family said...

Tori is so cute! I hope you both had a Happy Anniversary! Love ya.

dkstaker said...

Okay...I totally thought that the queen was you, dressed up. I was like wow, she cut her bange, then I scrolled down and realized it wasn't you. She looks a lot like you!

The Morgans said...

I think the princess looks just like you