Thursday, August 16, 2007

Cedar City, UT

Well, we sold our home in Pleasant Grove and are now living in Cedar City until December. We decided after much prayer and thought to move toward Saint George, so we sold the home, and packed up and found a home in Saint George. Our new Ivory Townhome will not be ready until December so we are chillin here in Cedar City for the time being.

Cedar City as Brad put it is like a little Lake Town. Imagine a little town by a lake that you would go visit. That's it. Not a whole lot here, lots of old stores, lots of dirt, lots of bugs, lots of storms. Some people like the small town life. Me? I'm not a huge fan. I prefer to be less than 5 minutes away from the bank, post office, grocery store, and shopping outlet. So small town life is not my style.

Saint George is pretty cool though. I decided that I can just order Nordstrom and any other retail store that I love online, so that's not that big of a deal. It is pretty there, lots of red rock and PALM TREES!

The girls are in preschool, not sure I'm in love with the preschool. I'm going to give it another two weeks to see, but I might be on the search for a new one. Tori misses the cut-off by 5 days, so she is pretty advanced for pre-school stuff, and all they seem to be doing is teaching them songs like "Where is Thumpkin". They haven't been doing reading or math or anything, so I'm thinking about pulling the plug. We'll see.

2 comments:

Esther Ogden said...

I have to agree with you-small towns just aren't me, however...

...they are peaceful and allow you to think without all of the hustle and bustle of city life.

So, enjoy this small interum and then look forward to the shopping come December! Woo-hoo!

Andi Sherwood said...

Finally you change your blog! I have been checking your old one every couple of days - "just in case."

The only small town I have ever lived in is Rexburg. Definitely not for me. :)