Friday, October 3, 2008

House Fairy

Sometimes I blog just to get the other blog entry further down in the list, I hate being reminded about the "caca" incident, so I'm putting this on because its a much more pleasant entry. My wonderful sister introduced us to the House Fairy.

http://www.housefairy.org

Its done wonders for us, as it will for your family. I think its the cutest thing and Tori has responded so well. The house fairy is Santa Clause's sister and she comes when you least expect it to make sure your room is clean and bed is made, etc., and if it is, she leaves a surprise, and if its not, she only leaves her fairy dust so you know she came, and she also leaves a note. You can pretty much tell your child anything you want through the house fairy and they accept it and listen to it, like, "Next time you need to be nicer to your sister," or "make sure you don't leave your toys in the living room," or "Make sure to do your chores" or "have a better attitude tomorrow" and the kids really listen! I told Abbie she needed to help without complaining and let her sister teach her how to clean, and SHE DID! I'm just shocked. Anyway, check it out, its definitely worth trying. Its actually motivating me to clean my room too cause Tori keeps saying, "Mom, the house fairy didn't leave you a treat cause your room is dirty."

2 comments:

Jeni said...

That sounds awesome! I will definitely give it a try! My house is falling behind! I am 35 weeks pregnant so maybe I should loosen up a little. :)

Love,
Jeni

Andi Sherwood said...

Nia says the same thing about my room. The House Fairy came today and after she saw it, she ran to my room to check if she left me a treat. Low and behold, my room is still messy and there was not treat. :(

I love the House Fairy!

:)