Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What Next


Interesting thoughts by Angel:

As I read in my journal today, I looked back on my life thirteen years ago. I can't believe that I'm even old enough to say that! I remember feeling those feelings and living that life almost more than I remember what I did yesterday. Everything in life back then was a mystery to me. It was like the beginning of a movie that you are watching and you don't know anything about it. So you pay closer attention to understand the plot. I'm now in the middle o that movie, waiting for that change of events to happen. I've pretty much gotten to the point where I have all those things I wondered about (husband, kids, dog, cat, etc.) but now I feel like its that "What Now" portion of the movie. I look at that little girl who wrote about her childhood crushes and I don't feel like thats me. I feel like I'm reading about someone totally different. I guess we'll see what the next chapter brings. It's always a mystery. At least I know it'll be a happy ending, and I got what was important, a husband who loves me and children who will grow up to be like me. I just don't know how thirteen years went by so fast and my role in life is so extremely different. Its pretty weird.

3 comments:

Andi Sherwood said...

Isn't life funny that way!?! I've also learned that no matter how much plan "What's next," that isn't necessarily what's next. :) But, it keeps things interesting.

:)

Olivia Heilmann said...

I like reading back in my journals, too. What a fun thing. I know that feeling well. Some of the things I wrote were just down right embarrassing. Some were inspiring. It's fun to see the things happening that I always dreamed about.

Mel said...

I love reading your blog. It really inspires me to keep mine updated more. I think I am doing a good job.

Mel