Tuesday, October 29, 2013

If only every baby was an In Vitro Baby...

It's been almost 6 months now. Every smile, giggle, cry, spit up, poopy diaper, cat nap, late night, breastfeeding, drool, crawl, peeing on the wall, peeing on me, splatter of butternut squash... EVERY single moment I absolutely cherish. I feel like I'm living a fantasy life, like it's almost not real. Because I have my Charlie. And it makes me think, I wish I would have enjoyed my girls this much while they were little. I wish I would have had this intense gratitude for their existence as I do for Charlie. That sounds kind of harsh. And don't get me wrong, I am absolutely amazingly grateful for my girls. Especially now. My life would not be the same without them, it would be just as empty as my life without Charlie, but at the time that they were babies, I didn't find it profound or amazing that they were alive. I didn't enjoy every single moment, as if it almost didn't happen, it is such a different paradigm. This is why God gives us trials. To say that the joy outweighs the pain is an understatement. The joy is so magnified it's almost unreal! My heart is so full of love and gratitude. Thank you Heavenly Father for the trial of infertility, to bless me with such love and gratitude for my children, and for every single day, and every single moment that I am blessed to be their Mommy. I wish that every baby could be an In Vitro baby, so that their Mommies and Daddies could love them as much as I love Charlie.

0 comments: