Sunday, October 28, 2012

What a Morning

I was planning on waking up this morning and making a yummy breakfast and enjoying a relaxing day. Instead I woke up to blood.

Yep. I went in to the bathroom for my morning ritual and to my shock and horror, I was bleeding.

I woke up Brad, 5:30am, and we contemplated what to do? The more I thought about it, the more I panicked. I had spotted just a brown color twice in the last two weeks, but this was RED.

So I called the hotline. She said I didn't need to do anything till I was soaking a pad an hour... So what you're saying is just wait to do anything until you know for sure you're miscarrying? I don't think so. Stupid nurse. She obviously doesn't care about my baby.

I told her I'd like to go to Urgent Care, so she gave us an address, they opened at 7am.

So we woke up my kind parents, dropped the kids off, and drove to Portland...

Took quite some time but they did an uncomfortable exam, took blood, and then my favorite part of the day... Ultrasound!!!

Baby is alive, he even waved Hi to us and sucked his thumb :) (see picture) His heart was beating at the normal range. I was so relieved. I told Brad, at least we got a $50 ultrasound!

Thanks to prayers and a Priesthood Blessing, baby is alive and well. I'm still spotting, turns out I'm anemic, but they couldn't find anything else wrong. I'm going to call my Doctor on Monday and get some more blood tests done. It's so unnerving, I'm 12 weeks now, I shouldn't be bleeding. So your prayers are greatly appreciated. What a day.

1 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

WOW how terrifying! Glad everything is fine.