Saturday, February 16, 2008

I must look SO pretty!

So Tori took a shower the other day by herself. She thought she was all grown up. She had me make it hot (not warm, but hot) and she stayed in there for at least 30 minutes. She kept calling Abbie from the shower, "Abbie, come here..." and then she'd ask her a silly question and then say, "Okay." I was a little confused by her behavior. The best was when she said, "Abbie, come here... do my eyes look funny?" I thought to myself, "Now, why would her eyes look funny?" And then it dawned on me. She learned how to take a shower from me. She knows when I come out of the shower, I have mascara all over my eyes and face, that's just what happens when you take a shower, right? And then after about 25 minutes, I said, "Tori, you about done? Did you use soap?" Tori: "No, not yet." She had been standing there for 25 minutes and she hadn't even used soap yet! So, I told her to do that, and about 5 minutes later insisted she come out. She called Abbie as she got out and said, "I must look SO pretty now." I just laughed. I thought, "Wow, the shower is a magical thing, isn't it."

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Haha! Eliza has been taking baths by herself, and she waits until the water is freezing before she will touch the soap, and even then it's by a LOT of prompting from me. I love seeing them get all independent like that though.

Bethy said...

oh my goodness, how cute. Do the grandparents say she is like their little Angel because she kind of sounds like it.
I will post more pictures from the family... just for you. Amanda is doing well. She has been married for almost 5 years, and we are all hoping for a little niece or nephew sometime this year. I will message you on facebook some of the details I am sure you want to know.